- Backpack. Bring a backpack that is able to fit everything you need such as make-up, book, planner, etc.
My all-time favorite backpack is my trusty Everlane Twill Snap Backpack, which does wonders in fitting all my essentials in one place and even has two side pockets to put your water bottle or any other small items.
- Carry On Bag. For small trips I only bring two bags to fit everything I need. Clothes, accessories and shoes usually go in my second carry on travel bag.
This one is Cath Kidston’s travel bag, which is both beautiful and spacious in design. It even has a shoulder strap to make it easier to carry.
- Water bottle. It is so important to stay hydrated, so bring an empty water bottle with you before you go through security and fill it up before you board on the plane.
I recently purchased the Camelback Eddy from Amazon and I absolutely love this bottle. It works as a sip cup so you don’t have to tilt the bottle and cause any accidental spills (like I usually do). I’ve found that I stay more hydrated with this bottle since it’s so easy to use. It’s definitely a must when you’re out on adventures!
- Beauty essentials. My toner water, make-up wipes, body oil and natural DIY deodorant are my holy grail products for traveling. They’re travel-sized, portable and meet the TSA requirements since they do not exceed 3.4 ounces.
After a long day of exploring or even on the plane, I use the Target generic brand of Neutrogena’s make-up wipes to remove my make-up and then go in with Lush’s Breath of Fresh Air toner water (it really does feel like a breath of fresh air on your face. Anasol’s extra virgin olive body oil works for hair, face and body, but I mostly use it as a facial moisturizer and it feels very hydrating and smooth! Of course, my homemade deodorant makes me smell fresh and odor-less every time I use it in the morning.
- Accessories. Your accessories and wardrobe should cater to how the weather will be. I usually either bring a comfy hat for sunny days, or a scarf and beanie to stay warm.
The hat is from Q, and the scarf and beanie are from Forever 21.
- Camera. Last but not least, I always need to bring my camera to document my travels and relive my adventures and memories.
Although I mostly use my trusty iPhone 6S to take wide shots, I use my Canon T3i and 50mm lens for beautiful, crisp close up photos and videos.
Is there anything missing on this list that you always have on yours? Let me know!